What better moment to start writing your goals and dreams if not at the beginning of the year? And yet, it is very important to acknowledge them properly, in order to balance between action, fulfillment, and interior peace. Being my first article on my brand new website makes it even more challenging and powerful for me.
I believe we can find many useful articles about setting goals, moving to action, having the SMART acronym related in mind, and so on and so forth. What I would like to remember through this article is the fact that every time you want to achieve something, to establish what you want from all points of view, your dreams or desires, is the fact to always be fair enough with yourself, and be aware that all those goals and dreams are yours.
More often than not we are so tempted to actually put others in front of our own feelings and desires, that we actually turn out to set for goals and actions that are actually not ours. No matter if you are the VP of an amazing international company, or you are just your own business owner. We all have feelings, desires, dreams, or goals. So stay genuine first of all to yourself.
How can you do that? Maybe just by starting to ask yourself questions. Are you sure that the black amazing car you want it’s really what you want? Are you sure that the extravagant trip you want to plan is not just for you to run away from yourself and all your fears? I’m not saying it’s not good for us to wish for different things. What I’m saying is the fact that it’s important to be aware of when those dreams are just for covering other tough interior feelings or when they are truly something that makes us good.
So coming back to my New Year 2018 resolutions, here they are, with the hope that maybe they will inspire you and be helpful for you too.
- Be grateful more often, because being grateful always reciprocates.
- Show appreciation every time I have the chance. Because more often than not we are more tempted to forget to show this amazing feeling to those around us. No matter if they are friends, family, or colleagues.
- Embrace the unknown. Because I will always be more comfortable in doing always what I know or interacting just with those people that I know. But this helps me too little to develop. So be courageous, be powerful, and trust my instinct.
- Again, listen to my instinct and take action accordingly. It’s very tough, I know. But in the end, that is a huge thing that will make a difference in my life.
- Read, read, read. And write once in a while also. It’s an extraordinary food for the brain, it helps me develop my emotional world, and gives me a boost of creativity that I will not even imagine. And definitely, these will help me in all areas of my life.
- Know new extraordinary people. It’s the only way I can realize with what kind of people I want to interact as much as possible. And who are the people that bring out the best in me. Again, here my instinct has so much to do with it.
- Learn new Excel sparkles 😉 Because it’s so helpful, for both my professional and personal life.
- Taking more pictures. Because I have always loved taking pictures, and last year it was a maximum reconfirmation for that. Both in front and behind the camera.
- Starting to be more fashionable again. After all, our exterior self do tell something about us, and do help us in becoming more aware of ourselves. Not to talk about the fact that it’s a sign of personal respect that can make a huge difference in this fast moving professional and personal world.
- Exactly like one great colleague has told me recently – Keep 20% for the unknown, love, glitter of life, enjoying new roles, learning new skills, discovering new things I could wish for along the way. In two words: “carpe diem” 🙂
And please remember what I’ve mentioned earlier and that my top 10 is just as an inspiration. After all, always have in mind to take what can be useful for you and adapt it accordingly.
So, I’m curious. What are your 2018 resolutions?
Happy New Year everyone!